Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Nana and Pop's Window

I have a walking boot!  I'm still in the "resting it a lot" phase.  So my brother made sure to give me a good project.  Fifteen years ago my brother replaced the windows in our grandparents home.  When he asked me to dispose two of them, I thought he was crazy.  My brother Jim and I were very close to our maternal grandparents.  Not only did they have kids our age but we spent a great deal of our childhood with them.   
Our grandfather was famous for recycling and upcycling long before those terms were part of our society.  So.....Pop would have loved what we did with one of the windows.  Jim built a stand for support and here is our window, upcycled style:


The piece can be set anywhere, but I like it on our wardrobe.  The wood finishes match well.  I can decorate Nana and Pop's window for every holiday with my antique postcards.   Fifteen years ago I thought my the windows were beautiful and held on to them (ala Pop style).  Jim admitted later that he was glad I had held on to them.  I am too!
Have a safe and happy day!



1 comment:

Sandra :) said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww what a beautiful homage to Pop!